David Z. Valencik
David Z. Valencik was born in Pittsburgh, Pa. on March 17, 1983. He received his Undergraduate Degree in Business Administration with a double major in Finance and Investment Management from Duquesne University in 2005. At Duquesne University, David was forward for the Duquesne University ACHA Division I Men’s Ice Hockey team. The Ice Dukes were ranked 9th in the national standings in 2005.
David received his Juris Doctor Degree from the Thomas M. Cooley Law School in 2009.
David was previously an employee for Parkvale Bank in Fayette County, Pennsylvania. He was a Law Clerk for Davis & Davis, Attorney’s at Law in Uniontown, Pennsylvania. While in Law School he completed an externship with Schiffman & Wojdowski in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania.
Mr. Valencik continued his legal experience as an employee of Calaiaro & Corbett, P.C. in 2009. He was admitted to the Pennsylvania Bar in 2010. Since then he has been involved in the representation of Debtor’s. He is frequently involved in the Chapter 7 (liquidations); Chapter 11 (business reorganizations) and Chapter 13 (individual reorganizations) cases of the firm.
David has gained experience thanks to the expert tutelage of Donald R. Calaiaro and Francis E. Corbett.
David is currently a member of the Allegheny County Bar Association, Bankruptcy section, and the American Bar Association.
Current Employment Position(s):
- Partner – Calaiaro | Valencik
Areas of Practice:
- 100% Bankruptcy Law
- 10% of Practice Devoted to Litigation in Bankruptcy
- Pennsylvania, 2010
- U.S. District Court Western District of Pennsylvania, 2010
- Thomas M. Cooley Law School, Lansing, Michigan, 2009 (J.D.)
- Duquesne University, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, 2005 (B.A.)
- Major: Finance
- Major: Investment Management
- Small Business Small Businesses
Professional Associations and Memberships:
- Allegheny County Bar Association, 2010, Bankruptcy section
- American Bar Association, 2010
- Alpha Tau Omega